EVALUATION OF PROJECT AND MODULE
There were a lot of aspects of this module, these being: film, gif, final styling image, photography shoot, creative strategy manual, mood boards and finally the blog. Within this evaluation, I will be explaining the process and outcome of each area I had to cover within this module.
FILM:
For the film, myself and my partner Amy Phillips, decided to go for a music video and fashion video vibe, this is because of our concept of 'reviving northern soul into today's modern culture and the evolution of northern soul/modern soul'. The film was a minute long and had a lot of clips which was perfect for a music video/fashion video style. We included clips of pills, models dancing, close ups of outfits and the model doing things that represent northern soul activities that people would do in that era. Some more effects could have been used to make the film more interesting.
GIF:
The gif was perfect for what we wanted, the model was dancing in the peak district which is obviously a very northern place and the dancing is a huge part of northern soul culture, and the modern soul title summed up our project. We liked how simple it was.
The gif was perfect for what we wanted, the model was dancing in the peak district which is obviously a very northern place and the dancing is a huge part of northern soul culture, and the modern soul title summed up our project. We liked how simple it was.
FINAL STYLING IMAGE:
The final image was exactly what we wanted, the original photograph was a great fashion styling photo and included all 4 aspects of northern soul that we decided to include. It was edited with two layers and one with a lower opacity and moved slightly to make it look like that was who someone under the influence would see. It is to represent someone who is under the influence which is a huge thing in northern soul.
The final image was exactly what we wanted, the original photograph was a great fashion styling photo and included all 4 aspects of northern soul that we decided to include. It was edited with two layers and one with a lower opacity and moved slightly to make it look like that was who someone under the influence would see. It is to represent someone who is under the influence which is a huge thing in northern soul.
PHOTOGRAPHY SHOOT:
Our northern soul shoot was located in Amaro Lounge on Ecclesall Road and areas around there, out main model was Alejandro Scott and we had a few others in different locations to jazz it up a bit but also show different aspects of our projects. The edits could have been slightly more advanced but we agreed simple told more of a story and looked more professional.
Our northern soul shoot was located in Amaro Lounge on Ecclesall Road and areas around there, out main model was Alejandro Scott and we had a few others in different locations to jazz it up a bit but also show different aspects of our projects. The edits could have been slightly more advanced but we agreed simple told more of a story and looked more professional.
CREATIVE STRATEGY MANUAL:
The manual ended up looking just how I wanted it, I had a red and lemon yellow colour scheme running through the manual which made it all link. I included lots of my own work which I though worked really well to showcase my own work. I could have included some more back stories about the film as not a lot was said about it, however I believe there is a lot of that on my blog and the manual focused more on the photography side of the project.
The manual ended up looking just how I wanted it, I had a red and lemon yellow colour scheme running through the manual which made it all link. I included lots of my own work which I though worked really well to showcase my own work. I could have included some more back stories about the film as not a lot was said about it, however I believe there is a lot of that on my blog and the manual focused more on the photography side of the project.
MOOD BOARDS:
The mood boards all linked together and I think they look really good. The photos in all of the mood boards show and say exactly what I wanted them to as all the photos showed aspects of my work in them which is what the point of them was. However, the writing showed up a bit blurry which was strange as it was all fine on the computer.
The mood boards all linked together and I think they look really good. The photos in all of the mood boards show and say exactly what I wanted them to as all the photos showed aspects of my work in them which is what the point of them was. However, the writing showed up a bit blurry which was strange as it was all fine on the computer.
BLOG:
Finally, I think I handled the blog well as i was constantly uploading throughout my course and project with updates of research and what was going on within my project and work. I did this so there was a clear progress of everything throughout my work. I could have done some more blog posts but I feel as there is enough there to see the process. I worked really hard on all of the aspects of work within this module and I am proud of it also.
Finally, I think I handled the blog well as i was constantly uploading throughout my course and project with updates of research and what was going on within my project and work. I did this so there was a clear progress of everything throughout my work. I could have done some more blog posts but I feel as there is enough there to see the process. I worked really hard on all of the aspects of work within this module and I am proud of it also.
Comments
Post a Comment