BRANDS THAT ARE RELATED TO NORTHERN SOUL
BRANDS THAT ARE RELATED TO NORTHERN SOUL:
I have been researching the concept of northern soul and what brands where a big part of it at the time. I have come across a lot of brands that were either a big trend within the northern soul era and I have also learnt that there are a few brands that have produced collections inspired by the northern soul fashion trend in previous years and also within current and present day.
I have been researching the concept of northern soul and what brands where a big part of it at the time. I have come across a lot of brands that were either a big trend within the northern soul era and I have also learnt that there are a few brands that have produced collections inspired by the northern soul fashion trend in previous years and also within current and present day.
- Fred Perry - brand - many people within the northern soul era/period would wear Fred Perry, it was 'THE' brand to be wearing as research shows. The style of the brand is a lot of polo shirts etc. which was the worn thing back then.
- Gucci - collection - the brand did a collection inspired by northern soul, it was very out there (there is a previous post about it on my blog) and they also made a campaign video which was amazing and very relevant to northern soul.
- Ben Sherman - collection and brand - this is another brand that a lot of people wore in the northern soul period, however they did a collection that was specific to northern soul, including t-shirts saying 'dance floor powder' on the front to resemble talcum powder (which is what dancers within northern soul used to put on the floor to make it easier to slide around) and other types of shirts with patterns that screamed northern soul.
- Topman - collection - the brand did a collection based on northern soul and it was pretty incredible. They included the famous northern soul badges, along with wind breakers, leather jackets and all the prints and logos/slogans you could think of that screamed northern soul (there is a previous post on my blog about this collection).
Comments
Post a Comment